The Utility Locator and Mechanic performs skilled manual work repairing equipment related to utility systems. This position reports to the Utilities Supervisor.
This position pays an hourly rate of $14.09. It is a non-exempt position.
1. Uphold our shared employee values of knowledge, respect, and integrity. Demonstrate personal initiative and a consistently positive attitude.
2. Must have the ability to assist with repair of utility line breaks as needed.
3. Demonstrate the ability to remove pumps on lift stations to perform maintenance including removal of debris from impeller and ability to remove and check valve flappers.
4. Must have the ability to adjust packing on pumps check values shafts.
5. Demonstrate the ability to remove, clean and replace sump pumps.