POSITION SUMMARY: Plan, develop and oversee Authority wide compensation and benefits programs in accordance with applicable federal and state regulations. Monitor market conditions and applicable regulations to design and maintain current and competitive pay structures and pay rates. Oversee the performance evaluation process for the organization. Administer employee benefit programs including but not limited to insurance policies, leaves of absence, retirement plans, and wellness initiatives for compliance, consistency and equity throughout the organization. Represent the Authority/Department at unemployment hearings. Negotiate and monitor contracts with outside suppliers. Supervise employees in assigned areas. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, and seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in compensation and benefits, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master degree desired.
• Supervisory and management experience in assigned program areas required. Experience working for a Florida public sector entity preferred.
• Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Access and other business applications; knowledge of HRIS systems (i.e. Oracle, ADP, etc.) required.
• Strong skills in negotiating, planning and analysis.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in English, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to conduct research, organize, analyze data and formulate recommendations, and to create and promote programs.
• Knowledge of related laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with employees and managers of all levels.
• Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Multilingual skills a plus.
• Professional Human Resources, Compensation, and/or Benefits certifications preferred.
• Valid Florida Driver License required.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on FPHRA