TITLE OF POSITION: Management Analyst
SALARY: $45,831 - $68,745
CLOSING DATE: October 10, 2018
GRADE: EXEMPT SALARY RANGE A
This is an early or entry level professional position responsible for:
• Coordinates city-wide purchasing and associated contract administration
• Analytical work in evaluating and tracking city programs
• Analyze and improve/update workflows, processes and policies
• Assists with the annual City Budget and Strategic Plan
Work is performed under the administrative direction of the Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors city-wide purchasing to ensure compliance with the City’s Purchasing Policy.
2. Prepares bids and requests for proposals (RFP’s) for the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the City’s Purchasing Policy and Florida State Statute.
3. Draft contracts associated with purchasing of goods and services for review by City Attorney.
4. Responsible for ensuring the City’s Purchasing Policy and processes are current, efficient and effective.
5. Analyzes and Tracks expenditures/revenues in assigned City programs by creating spreadsheets, tables, graphs and reports.
6. Analyzes organizational and management practices, workflow, processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Assists the Finance Department in the development and monitoring of the City’s annual budget and Capital Improvement Program.
8. Facilitates training for employees relating to the City’s purchasing policy, budget processes and the City’s financial software.
9. Be crossed-trained in cashiering and cash drawer balancing and serves as a secondary back-up for this function.
10. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers and performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Knowledge of or be able to acquire knowledge of Florida local governmental purchasing rules and regulation through their own research, analyzing data and pursuing professional training opportunities
• Knowledge of or be able to acquire knowledge of Florida local governmental budgeting through their own research, analyzing data and pursuing professional training opportunities
• Strong computer skills enabling the ability to continuously learn new software and programs as required
• Strong Microsoft Office skills to create spreadsheets, reports and/or presentations
• Ability to:
o be resourceful and analyze data to arrive at conclusions
o write professional, clear and concise reports, documents and memos
o read and understand State and Federal Laws governing the purchase of goods and services
o exercise sound independent judgement regarding City policies, procedures, rules and regulations
o establish and maintain effective working relationships
o become a certified public procurement officer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution in public administration, public policy or economics (or completion of program within 6 months from date of hire) with one (1) year of experience (combined internship and/or professional position) in City or County government agency. Or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in public administration, public policy or economics or related degree with 2 years’ experience as a management analyst or procurement analyst in a City or County government agency.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials for a specific position.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Florida Driver's License.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without corrections)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without aid)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively use computer and other office equipment.
- Works inside in an office environment 95%, may be outside or driving 5%.
(Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)