The Fire District is seeking candidates for a Clerk-Treasurer, who serves as the Chief Financial Officer; maintains official records; assists with ambulance billing; develops TRIM notices; submits financial reports to appropriate authorities; assists Fire Chief in the development of Fire District’s annual budget; and serves as a professional advisor to the Fire Board.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of modern management principles and practices.
• Ability to lead and motivate employees.
• An effective communicator, with strong oral and writing skills.
• Ability to foster and maintain positive community relations.
• Thorough understanding of government accounting and financial principles.
• Familiarity with information management principles and government record keeping.
• Thorough understanding of Florida Sunshine Law.
• Knowledge of computer spreadsheets.
• Advanced computerized accounting skills regarding budgeting.
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and Lotus Notes.
• Ability to analyze financial, accounting and budgeting data.
• Thorough understanding of Florida Truth-In-Millage procedures and requirements.
• Applicant must possess a BA, or equivalent degree, in accounting or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Eight years’ experience in a responsible accounting position and two years in a supervisory role.
• Applicant must have the ability to obtain a CGFO in State of Florida within 12 months of employment.
• Must possess the ability to be bonded.
• Must maintain primary residence within St. Lucie County, Florida.
The St. Lucie County Fire District is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace, as well as an Equal Opportunity Employer. A pre-employment drug screen, criminal history background and driver’s license check shall be conducted.
Please send the completed application, a letter of interest, resume and references to the Fire District’s employment e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or fax to: 772-621-3609, or delivered to:
St. Lucie County Fire District
Attn: Human Resources Division
5160 N.W. Milner Drive
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34983
Only completed application packages will be accepted and must be received or postmarked by 4:30 p.m. January 31, 2019.
For additional information contact SLCFD Human Resources at 772-621-3323 or go to http://www.slcfd.com/190/Employment-Opportunities
Please visit our website www.slcfd.org