Job Function: This is a managerial position responsible for the supervision of staff members. The Administrative Services Manager will have a broad scope of responsibilities working with a high level of sensitive and confidential matters. Assignments require imitative and independent judgement and high-level interactions with executive management and elected officials. This position centralizes communication for internal and external distribution.
Typical job duties include: leading special projects; conducting and compiling research for reports; preparing correspondence; editing and prof reading correspondence; creating and managing content for various electronic and media distribution channels; creation or improvement of process and policy; oversight of meeting rental and community relations staff members; attending public meetings as requested by Town Manager.
1. Conducts managerial research and special projects as directed by the Town Manager.
2. Performs investigative and analytical work in researching administrative systems, policies and procedures.
3. Analyzes, interprets and prepares oral and written reports on research findings.
4. Builds effective relationships with staff, department heads, Town elected officials and community representatives.
5. Responds to calls from the public by finding answers to questions and/or referring queries to appropriate department or employee, follow-up to ensure issue has been addressed.
6. Assists Town Manager with strategic planning and budgeting process.
7. Provides professional and technical assistance to Town staff in the areas of public and media relations.
8. Assists in developing and coordinating public awareness campaigns and events.
9. Creates, implements and monitors social media to engage and inform the community.
10. Creates process for informing public of updates on matters of importance including in times of disasters and emergencies.
11. Attends Town Commission meetings as needed to stay informed of Town activities and issues.
12. Creates and improves current community relations strategies and practice.
13. Oversight of Town rental space, staff and all policies/procedures relating to.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Local government operation, organizational structure, municipal management, elected officials and their function.
• Effective and diplomatic communication with all levels within the organization and the community, both verbal and written.
• Initiative and follow-through on matters within scope of duties and projects.
• Work independently and perform tasks involving numerous details.
• Advanced abilities in Microsoft office and social media platforms; Facebook, twitter and Instagram.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive and confidential information.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years of experience in public service.
• Professional with excellent communications skills.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Essential Physical Skills:
• Sitting for long periods.
• Walking or standing for long periods.
• Ability to carry weights of 20 lbs.
• Able to operate a computer, copier, calculator and projector.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on FPHRA